Gamo Zombie 177 review (Air Rifle)
This is a fairly high powered .177 rifle. It’s the Zombie edition. It also comes with a Gamo 4×32 scope put on. It’s got a great little package that looks very cool. I believe it is the same as the Gamo Big Cat but it just has another look. I have unboxed the gun, I have taken it on a little test drive with a bit of shooting and a bit of examination, and it hits hard and on target. It’s a break barrel air rifle, it has a nice and tight trigger, and decent mechanics. If you hit a rabbit with this one, the rabbit will die and you’ll be able to cook it and eat it, unless you are a vegetarian of course. Basically a good all round rifle.
Best Selling Gamo Air Rifle
- .177 Cal pellet single cocking break barrel
- The Varmint features a long lasting spring piston able to deliver 1250 fps of muzzle velocity with Gamo PBA Platinum pellets .177 Cal
- Fluted polymer jacketed rifled steel barrel. Grooved cylinder rail
- 4 x 32 Shockproof Scope. Gamo trigger with adjustable second stage. It has a synthetic ambidextrous all-weather stock with a rubber recoil pad. Lightweight design
- Noise dampening: None
- 10-Shot break barrel allows you to shoot up to ten pellets without reloading
- Velocity 1300 feet per second (fps) with PBA Platinum
- 3-9x40 Air Rifle Scope
- Inert Gas Technology (IGT)
- 2-Stage adjustable Custom Action Trigger (CAT)
- 177 Cal pellet single cocking break barrel, 1300 fps with PBA Platinum
- The IGT (Inert Gas Technology) is a gas piston that replaces the spring delivering more terminal velocity (1300 fps), less vibration, more consistent power and a constant and smooth cocking effort.
- This air rifle also features the well known WHISPER noise reduction technology patented by Gamo. The SAT (Smooth Action Trigger) has a smooth action pull, it maximizes the pinpoint accuracy and has a clean, creep and crisp feel.
- 4 x 32 Shockproof Scope. It has a synthetic ambidextrous all-weather stock. The SWA (Shock Wave Absorber) is a recoil pad with rubber inserts designd to absorb the recoil. Lightweight design.
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY. Made In Spain. Manufacturer item# 6110067954
Last update on 2020-07-04 / Ads
It has a composite stock, which is one of the things that make it differ from the Gamo Big Cat. It has an adjustable recoil pad that can be adjusted in three levels of hardness. I don’t use that feature because I don’t fear a little recoil, but your preference might differ. It has a raised cheek piece on the stock that works for both left and right handed shooters, so it’s an equal opportunity rifle. Which is nice. It takes 30 lbs of pressure to break the barrel, which is not as much as some heavy air rifles out there. 30 lbs should be breakable by kids. And it it is too heavy, well, then they can develop their arm muscles while cocking the rifle.
The rifle feels really good when you handle it. It is not too light, so the recoil does not make it bounce around. And it is not too heavy, so you can carry it around. The composite stock makes it lighter than the Gamo Big Cat airgun.
You can use it for backyard shooting, and rodent shooting, and even hunt for food, if you know what you are doing. The .177 bullet travels at 1200 FPS, so it hits very hardy, with a pretty loud pop when firing. I have been using the Gamo Red Flyer Ballistic tip pellets, and they can pierce anything you expect.
So yeah, as I said, it’s a combo rifle that comes with a scope and a box of pellets. It is not a mil dot scope, it is a reticle scope. I prefer those so I am good with that. Your preference might differ. The pellets that are included are Gamo’s own, and they are polymer tipped. It is all a neat little package at a good price that will get you up and shooting in no time, good for toying around for you, or for the kids of the family, under adult supervision of course.
So to conclude this Gamo Zombie .177 review. This is a nice little allround air rifle. It is a little bit more expensive than the Gamo Big Cat, but the synthetic stock is worth it. You can get either rifle combo over at Amazon by following this link.