How To Adjust An Air Rifle Scope For Hunting
Air Gun shooting can be fun but it is baseless to shoot without hitting the target. Accuracy and precision are two of the most important things in Air riffle shooting. It is sheer carelessness to shoot aimlessly whether in hunting game or in target shooting. And you also have to know how to adjust air rifle scope and others need that need to be set up for perfect shooting. You will get the complete guide about setting of air rifle scope and rifle for hunting.
To hit the target, it is very pertinent for the scope of the Air riffle to be adjusted to the required positioning. Here you find a step by step guide on how to get ready your air rifle and air rifle scope for hunting.
Way To Get Ready With Air Rifle and Scope For Hunting
Today, a plethora of Air Gun owners struggle with scope adjustment. Scope adjustment is quite simple and the procedure is stated in all the user manuals.
With this adjustment, the target will be enlarged and they users will be more vested with more ideas on how to handle Air Rifle. The cross hair is usually placed over the target for consistency and precise shooting. Adjustment of the air riffle scope is the key to accurate and precise shooting and must be achieved for better shooting result. Once the adjustment is done properly, the Air riffle can then be used for accurate shooting without much hassle. It is very pertinent for the scope to be sighted before every shooting. Adjustment of the scope is quite simple but technical in nature. It requires persistence and patience.
Best Selling Air Rifle Scopes Today
- Specification: 3-9x40
- Magnification: 3-9x
- Objective Diameter: 1.57
- Exit pupil: 0.2
- Length: 12.20
- Air rifle recoil rated to withstand the whiplash recoil of any air rifle
- Adjustable objective for Parallax adjustment down to 10 yards
- Fully coated lenses allow the finest details to be seen
- Finger tip adjustable capped turrets for easy in-field, no tool required adjustments
- Waterproof, Fog proof and shockproof ensures your scope will last for years to come
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green
Last update on 2020-09-24 / Ads
Many Air Guns come with scopes which users cannot see through. In this post, we shall highlight some of the basic steps and actions to take in the adjustment of Air rifle. Please read through the user manual before going ahead to read this guide.
Don’t be too close or too far from the eye piece
In most cases, viewers usually see small images with large scope surrounding them. This indicate that the eye piece is either too close or too far from the viewer. This anomaly can be solved by loosening the scopes embedded in the rings. The scope should be positioned such that the user can have a clear view of the image as it leaves the eye piece. A large and clear image will be seen by sliding the scope back and forth. The best image can then be selected. It should be very clear and large.
Place more focus on the scope
Placing more focus on the scope does not imply having a clear view of the image. It involves viewing the reticle clearly. In this case, the Eye piece and the adjustable objectives are adjusted to the ideal specifications. To achieve this, viewers should look steadily at a plain image and avoid distraction. The Eye piece of the scope rotates from left to right in a pattern similar to that of the binoculars. After focusing on the plain image for some time, the movement of the scope will be seen clearly by the viewer. This adjustment is not solely focused on the image. It is a way of simplifying the scope adjustment process. Users can easily adjust their scopes without the need for glasses if these techniques are well mastered.
Avoid parallax when adjusting
Shot ranges can be deduced using the coincidence range finder. It is common for viewers to easily see double image of the target on the screen. The images come together in quick contrast immediately the dial is turned. There is an ideal distance for the range. Through mechanical triangulation, the Range-finder can provide information about the distance the images must be moved in order to meet each other. The process is very simple. To avoid errors, a little technicality should be applied. Parallax is a very key factor. Users can easily miss their targets if they ignore parallax. Error due to parallax is eliminated by using a parallax ring to adjust the target into a sharp and clear focus.
Pertinent actions to take:
Achieving accuracy in Air riffle shooting involves some important steps and actions. These actions must always be replicated for consistent results.
A quick illustration of the procedure goes thus:
- 1Check the top of the scope to ascertain whether it is too high or too low. With this, you would know how to carry out the adjustment of the elevation knob.
- 2Detach the plastic cover on the knob.
- 3Turn the knob in a clockwise direction if you wish to lower the shot.
- 4Turn the knob in an anti-clockwise direction of you wish to raise the shot.
- 5Proceed by cross-checking whether the scope is sighted at the ideal position which is 10 feet. You should aim to hit the bull-eye of the next target by releasing the trigger of the Gun.
- 6Take few steps to 10 yards away from target and release the trigger of the Gun while aiming to hit the bull's-eye.
- 7Everything should be fine and the shot should land at a point which is slightly higher but below the bull-eye and centered.
Continue to fire more shots and ensure that you adjust the elevation until the pellets hit the midpoint of the bull's-eye.
Also check the following video for clear idea on it.
How To Adjust An Air Rifle Scope
Find the correct way to adjustment of air rifle scope with air rifle and get ready for hunting. A step by step guide about how to get ready with your rifle.